Thursday, December 30, 2010

SharePoint Search Error

While trying to figure out why there is no data available for “Site collection usage summary”, I found another error on “Office SharePoint Server”. What a day to start with so many errors popping up.

When I clicked on “Search Administration” under the Search section of the “Shared Services Administration” page, the “Propagation status” was showing “Query server not responding”. If I clicked on “Search settings”, I received an error message saying “The gatherer is shutting down.”

I was lucky enough that by rebooting the query server and index server, resolved the problem.

If that does not solve the issue, here is a good resource to start with.

http://bytelab.blogspot.com/2008/09/moss-search-broken.html

Still troubleshooting… Sad smile

No comments: