Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Where are my emails?

I received a call from a user complaining his Inbox is corrupted and he lost all his emails. He said that he tried the Inbox Repair Tool but it did not solve his problem. I went to his place and I saw that his Inbox is almost empty but it showed that there are 63 unread messages. When I tried to change the view, message’s header with blank information start to appear. I did a detect and repair for his Outlook 2003 but it did not solve the problem. With that, I suspect that the offline store (ost file) might be corrupted. I turned off the cache mode and connect his Outlook 2003 online and I am able to see all the messages. I renamed the offline store file, enabled the cache mode and a new offline store file was generated. He had some questions on how to backup his laptop and I leave that to my colleague to explain to him…

No comments: