Thursday, August 25, 2011

Steve Jobs has resigned as CEO of Apple

A letter from Steve Jobs to the Apple Board of Directors and the Apple Community announcing his resignation as CEO of Apple.

Letter from Steve Jobs

In his letter, he wrote “I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple’s CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.”

Taking over his place will be Tim Cook formerly the COO of the company.  Although Steve Jobs has proposed to serve as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee but I think this is really going to be a big test for Apple.  The first impact surfaced hours after the announcement was made with Apple’s share fallen as much as 7% (was down by only 5% eventually).

I must said that Steve Jobs is really a legend and someone who inspired me a lot.  His 2005 Stanford’s commencement speech was one of the most inspiring speech to me.

No comments: