Sunday, December 26, 2010

Backup Exec – Exchange 2003 Backup Failed With Error “0xe00002f7 - Cannot extract mailbox messages from the Exchange backup”

I received an SMS notifying me that my Exchange 2003 backup has failed. I logged on to the Symantec Backup Exec Server and checked on the error log. The following is the error log.

Job ended: Saturday, December 25, 2010 at 7:46:42 AM Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe00002f7 - Cannot extract mailbox messages from the Exchange backup. Review the job log for more information. Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-759

Backup- \\ExMail\Microsoft Information Store\Storage1
V-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation for the selected resource using the specified options for the following reason: VFF Open Failure. This can be caused by low memory or disk resources.

Backup- \\ExMail\Microsoft Information Store\Storage2
V-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation for the selected resource using the specified options for the following reason: VFF Open Failure. This can be caused by low memory or disk resources.

Following the link V-79-57344-759, Symantec suggested to re-install the remote agent and restart both the Exchange server and Backup Exec server. I didn’t follow the instruction thought. What I did is restart the Backup Exec remote agent and Exchange services. After that, I ran the backup job again and I just received an SMS that the backup is successful.

No comments: