Wednesday, October 27, 2010

SQL Server 2008 R2 - Painful Installation

Spent the whole morning trying to install SQL Server 2008 R2 Developer Edition on my computer running Windows 7 Ultimate. I downloaded the ISO from MSDN, unzip it to my harddisk and start the installation. I kept hitting with the following error towards the end of the installation.

MSI Error: 2337 The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2337.

I know what you are thinking. Re-download the ISO and do the installation. Yes, I tried that and nope, it did not work.

After spending hours trying to troubleshoot, I almost wanted to give up. I thought maybe I should burn the ISO into DVD and give it a last try. Guess what, it works! So much about being green.

Next is to install Visual Studio 2010..... Good luck to me!

No comments: